WOW... This trip was a blast!!! I got to see so much and I was only there for three days. I loved every second of it.
I was lucky enough to have an old friend there named Seth. He works and goes to school in New York. He is amazing and very smart! I wish I had his brains sometimes... (My hair looks funny in this pic- oh well. This was on the train back to CT)
I meet Seth Friday around 4:00 at the Yale Club. We caught up a bit and went to Rockefeller Center. We went to the top and got some great pictures of the city. After that we went to a museum and saw some really cool artist's and well known, might I add. Like Pablo Picasso.
I really enjoyed all the art! We then walked to Time Square and had dinner at some Irish Pub. It was very interesting and I almost slipped on my butt on the way out! I am a klutz- what can I say!?
After dinner we went to the funniest Broadway show, Spamalot. It was so funny and I definitely suggest it to anyone. I had never been to a Broadway show, so I was definitely excited to see one. All of the actor's did such a great job.
On Saturday, we woke up early so we could get a lot of site seeing in. OH BUDDY DID WE!!! We took one of those bus tours that has an open top. We went to so... many cool places. I am so happy we did this. Some of my favorites Little Italy, the shopping, seeing all the places you see in the movies, Ground Zero (The picture is of a chapel right next to Ground Zero where people and rescuers sought shelter. Sorry its crooked. This was an amazing experience when I was there. A group of teens with there bishop or pastor sang songs while we went around and looked at all of the displays there. You can see and feel that this experience will affect us all for a really long time) ... The last stop on the bus was Central Park. By this time we were both so exhausted that we took a power nap in the park. The park was beautiful and full of people. I loved watching the local people. We then went to the Apple Store. All of the buildings in NYC are amazing, but the Apple store shocked me. It's a glass cube out in front of a large sky scrapper. There I got my first IPOD. I love it! Her name is Tealee :)
From there we went to this amazing Brazilian restaurant that cost way... too much! But, it was really good. By this time we were both pooped from the long day we had that we headed home.
Sunday morning we woke up early and caught a three hour cruise tour of the city. I saw some great places- the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, all of the bridges... It was relaxing too. By the time we got done with the cruise tour it was time for me to go to the airport. :(
I really loved the whole trip. The architecture is amazing, the people are live able, the shopping is wonderful, and there is always something to do! How can you go wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment